You've registered to go Over the Edge at Brown & Brown, your adrenaline is pumping, you have the date circled on your calendar, but wait, what now? Don't delay, start fundraising today! Before you know it you will have your $1000 raised and be on your way to taking your first step Over the Edge!
Here are some great ideas to get your started...
|1. Create and edit your fundraising page! (Your registration confirmation email will help you access your Member Area)|
|2. Send an email out to your friends, family and co-workers|
|3. 5 generous friends give you $50||$250|
|4. 10 of your contacts give you $25||$250|
|5. 5 friends give you $20||$100|
|6. 10 more people give you $10||$100|
|7. 20 coworkers give you $5||$100|
|8. Your personal donation of $100||$100|
9. Your company's matching funds of $100
(better yet, ask if they will match ALL the funds you raise!)
|10. Take a deep breath, because you are really going Over the Edge!!||Total - $1,000+|
The #1 reason people give is because they are asked. Don't be shy, the worst someone will do is tell you no, at best, they will give you more than you expected! Be excited! People will feed off of your enthusiasm.
Know your facts. Be able to talk about how Easterseals (learn more) support children with special healthcare needs. People give because they are asked, because they care and because the person doing the asking is enthusiastic and passionate about their cause.
Building Floor Sponsors and Donations
Divide the number of floors in the International Motorsports Center building into your minimum amount raised
- Example: $1000/8 floors, $125 pledge per floor
Same as floors, except use the height of the building in feet
- Example: $1000/102 feet, ~$10 per foot
Corporate Matching/Matching Gifts
Many companies will match charitable contributions their employees make. See if your company will match your donations or the total funds you raise. If they only match employee giving, get as many of your co-workers to give as possible.
Don't forget you can ask area businesses to support you.
You can put together some mini-fundraisers to benefit your cause
- Bake sale - sell cookies at your desk
- BBQ fundraiser (charge for lunch or ask for donations)
- Baskets - keep a donation plate on your desk or in a common area
- Challenge - have a peer in another department go Over the Edge with you and see who can raise the most money, or whoever raises the most has to go Over the Edge. For execs, challenge other departments or challenge an exec from another company!